Maintaining Evaluator Status
The following steps are required to maintain C.L.A.S.S. Evaluator status.
- C.L.A.S.S. Evaluators must fulfill annual continuing training requirements:
- Accrue at least 60 hours per year of training experience (either paid or volunteer) through teaching group classes, seminars, individual sessions with students, or individual sessions with dogs
- Attend at least one free webinar per year on C.L.A.S.S. Evaluator Updates
- C.L.A.S.S. Evaluators must maintain liability insurance for their training services. C.L.A.S.S. Evaluators must agree to maintain at their own cost the following minimum insurance coverage for their training services: (i) general liability insurance with a $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate limit; and (ii) custody, care, and control or animal bailee insurance in an amount of not less than $10,000.
- Every two years, C.L.A.S.S. Evaluators must renew their Evaluator status online. To recertify, an Evaluator must:
- Re-take and pass the three-part online exam
- Submit the evaluator fee of $25
About Canine Life and Social Skills